Monday, January 26, 2009

Once more with feeling

During a post-Christmas dinner with close friends last December 28, Rica pointed out that I looked more tired than ever. Funny, I thought, since I was done quite early with all the panic-shopping (I tend to overdo the spending bit) precisely because I wanted a less stressed holiday; however, I admitted I was still reeling from the company Christmas bash that I organize every year (I tend to overdo that too). She suggested my haggardness was a result of everything that had elapsed in December, including all the activity during my high school reunion (come to think of it, I overdid my involvement there, didn't I?). 

There and then I began to sense the weight of the entire month descend upon my shoulders, and it didn't feel good. Plus the thought of the coming new year and my 43rd birthday rushing by seemed only to add to the burden--until all went numb.

But some days have passed since then. It's January 26th, and as I type from my laptop, a solar eclipse during the lunar new year is taking shape in front of me, outside my window. Not that it means anything to me except that the Earth has moved, and I with it, and perhaps during that brief period I've found some time to recover and to start feeling again.

I guess all I mean is that I'm back to writing. And boy, is there much to say.

No comments: