Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Fatal foods, deadly delicacies.

I burn roughly 60 calories during every kilometer that I run. So let's say I've been following the general rule of 3 meals a day at 600 calories per meal, plus 2 snacks a day at 200 calories per snack, then I would have to jog nearly 37 kilometers to burn everything I ate that day. Of course this assumes that nothing else I did, burned any calories. But I suppose you get the drift: shedding off unwanted mass can be daunting.

What more if you were as I am, who can't resist a food trip?

The website thisiswhyyourefat.com encourages viewers to "submit your deliciously gross food" by uploading pictures of treats that do a good job of ending your hunger pangs but an even better one at ending your life all together. The photo above is of a Krispy Kreme Sloppy Joe--uh huh, ground beef, onions, and sweetened tomato sauce, not in a hamburger bun but in those famous glazed doughnuts. Hmm...I wonder how many kilometers I'd have to run to burn one of those. 

Meanwhile, here are more photos (and mind you, these are the tamer ones) from that website. Hungry, anyone?

DEEP FRIED BATTERED MARS BAR 
CHOCOLATE-COVERED BACON













BACON-WRAPPED MEATLOAF WITH A LAYER OF MAC & CHEESE













FRENCH FRY-ENCASED HOTDOG ON A STICK

















CHOCOLATE-COATED CHEESECAKE ON A STICK

















CORNDOG PIZZA












NO EXPLANATION REQUIRED

2 comments:

Unknown said...

All the more reason to be a vegan like me. ;-) (NOT!)

Actually, I've started avoiding chicken too since I found out the chemicals and estrogen they pump into those poor creatures. That's another blog post in itself...

Norman Agatep said...

I've actually added more fruit and vegetable into my diet; however, I can't resist an occasional trip to KFC. My bad...